1) What is the recommended age for usage?
Optimally, it is best to use after your child can roll over on their own, but it can be used for children who have developed enough neck muscles to hold their head up. Typically this occurs from four months of age, but if you're not sure, consult your pediatrician. The Onbumocco can be used until the child reaches 30 months or 14.9 kg (32.8 lbs.).
2) Why is it best to carry the child at a high position on your back?
By doing so, the child's weight is inside the wearer's center of gravity, thus reducing the burden on the shoulders and lower back. Additionally, the child can see the surrounding environment and facial expressions of other people, which encourages further brain development and communication skills. Likewise, the wearer can develop their core muscles and balance while wearing the Onbumocco. Please enjoy the shared scenery and conversation together. See this link for the best posture for carrying.
3) Won't the child get uncomfortable in the Onbumocco when the weather is hot?
We recommend wearers to use the Onbumocco for a short time and to take down their children when they are sleepy, uncomfortable, or fussy. If they fall into a deep sleep while in the Onbumocco, you can take them down and put them to bed.
4) Is it okay to use the Onbumocco for a long time?
We advise using the Onbumocco for less than 30 minutes, because it has been found by pediatric physiotherapists that young children’s developing bodies can become accustomed to this position if they are left in it for more than 30 minutes, which can affect their bone growth. Once every 30 minutes, they should be taken down and allowed to move freely to stretch or relax, and after that if need be, they can be put in the Onbumocco again. This should be done with all carriers, not only the Onbumocco.
5) Can we see a real Onbumocco up close or in person?
Please contact us and we will put you in touch with an Onbumocco instructor in your country. If you are unable to meet an instructor in person, you can do so through video chat (e.g. Skype or Zoom). Please contact us at the following e mail address.
6) Are there different sizes of Onbumocco?
It's one-size-fits-all that is made for the average Japanese person (height: 180 cm. / 5.9 ft., weight: 70 kg. / 154 lbs.). Before purchasing an Onbumocco, we will conduct an individual based lecture to confirm important details, including sizing.
1) What if the Onbumocco is damaged or defective upon delivery?
Prior to shipping, all products undergo strict quality checks. However if we happen to make a mistake on the order, or if something is damaged or defective, please contact us by e-mail within 7 days of the product arriving at your designated address for full compensation / product-exchange.
2) Can I return my purchased Onbumocco?
Unfortunately, if there are no defects or damage, we do not accept any returns or exchanges.
3) Can I download a copy of the Onbumocco User Manual?
Our website is currently under construction- please check back later for the link.
1) What are the shipping terms?
When purchasing an Onbumocco, customers are responsible for all shipping costs. Please check the shipping fees listed below. If your country is not listed, you will be charged 5,000 yen for shipping.
AUSTRALIA, CANADA, UNITED STATES: ¥3024
CHINA, INDONESIA, KOREA, SINGAPORE: ¥2268
UNITED KINGDOM: ¥3024
OTHER COUNTRIES: ¥5000
2) How long will it take for my Onbumocco to arrive?
Depending on your country, the shipping times will vary. Please check your tracking number on your receipt.
3) Is the customer responsible for any import taxes or tariffs?
Yes, the customer is responsible for all import taxes and tariffs. Please consult your own country's laws.
Our company is proud to offer products that provide lots of benefits for both the child and the wearer. We strive to satisfy our customers and encourage customers to use our products safely by learning how to properly use them. Therefore, we offer comprehensive support to reach this goal. The following is our purchasing process:
1) Before purchasing, all interested customers must participate in a complimentary and private online information seminar via Skype or Zoom. Participants need to apply for this beforehand.
2) Participants that have taken part in the information seminar and have confirmed sizing and safe usage procedures will then be directed on how to purchase an Onbumocco.
3) To purchase, please see the shopping site page.
4) To ensure that our customers are fully satisfied with our products and are safely using them to their fullest potential, customers can access instructional videos and online support via e-mail or Zoom following purchasing. Additionally, we have instructors in San Francisco and Qingdao, China to directly advise customers. If you are interested in meeting with one of them, please contact us and we will put you in touch with them. Please contact us here.
It sometimes takes us up to one week to reply to e-mail. Thank you for your understanding and patience.